Calendar Update for 2023 District Fairs
Dear Hawaiʻi History Day teachers and students, please see our updated calendar for the 2023 District Fairs. You can download our calendar here.
Please note the changes:
- Windward and Hawai’i Island District Fairs have been moved up:
- Windward District Fair has been moved to Feb 18, and Hawai’i Island has been moved to Feb. 25.
- All District Fairs will take place before Spring Break
- All Project Evaluations will be returned on March 12
New Workshops and Resources
We are happy to announce new workshops and resources! In our website and documentary workshops, we have provides step-by-step walkthroughs on doing your website or documentary, tips, and resources for doing your website or documentary.
We are also releasing our Toolkit for teachers! Click the button below to download. This toolkit contains resources in both English and ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi.
Visit our Teacher Resource page for more resources for teachers!
Click to access our Hawai’i History Day 2022–2023 Calendar. Please note that due to changing conditions, this calendar may also change. Thank you for your patience!
2022-2023 Hawaiʻi History Day Theme Resources
This year, the theme for History Day is “Frontiers in History: People, Places, Ideas.” For more details on the theme for this year, see the 2022–2023 theme description.
- Click here to access the 2022–2023 NHD History Day Theme Narrative
- Click here to access the 2022-2023 NHD History Day Theme Book
- 2023 Frontiers in History Graphic Organizer
2022-2023 ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi History Day Theme Resources
We are excited to release our theme resources for 2022–2023! See our Theme Narrative, translated into ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi, and a sample graphic organizer tool you can use!
- Click here to access the 2022–2023 NHD History Day Theme Narrative in ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi
- Click here to access our 2022–2023 Theme Graphic Organizer
See more resources on our ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi Resource page!
2023 Hawaiʻi–Specific Topics
Need topic ideas for your project? See this year’s list of project Hawai’i-specific project topics that connect to the theme Frontiers in History: People, Places, Ideas. You are not required to do Hawai’i-specific topics, but it is great to explore the history in our backyard!
2022-2023 NHD Theme Introduction Video
Frontiers in History: A Teacher’s Introduction with Dr. Kathleen Duval
For more resources, visit our Hawaiʻi History Day resource pages!