Give Aloha at Foodland to Help HCH Raise Funds
HONOLULU—Hawai‘i Council for the Humanities is participating in Give Aloha, Foodland’s Annual Community Matching Gifts Program, which honors the popular, locally owned grocery retailer’s founder, Maurice J. “Sully” Sullivan, and continues his legacy of giving back to the community.
From September 1-30, we encourage all of our supporters to shop at any Foodland, Sack N Save and Foodland Farms store statewide and make a donation through Foodland’s Give Aloha program at checkout to the Hawai‘i Council for the Humanities, code #78683.
Invite your families and friends to also participate in this year’s Give Aloha. Thanks to Foodland and Western Union Foundation, each donation up to $249 per person will be matched. Individuals must use their own Maika‘i Card to make a Give Aloha donation; those who do not have a Maika‘i Card may request one at checkout.
All Give Aloha donations to HCH will go toward helping us continue to offer free humanities programs and events across the state and provide unique opportunities for people of all ages and from all walks of life to relate, discuss and connect with the world at large.
These contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Please save your store receipt for tax purposes because it will be the only record you have of your Give Aloha donation.
How to Show Your Support
- Shop at any Foodland, Sack N Save or Foodland Farms store statewide from September 1-30, 2016.
- Present your Maika‘i Card to a cashier at any open register.
- Tell the cashier that you would like to make a donation–be sure to specify the amount–to the Hawai‘i Council for the Humanities.
- Give the cashier HCH’s five-digit Give Aloha code: 78683.
- Pay for your groceries with cash/check/credit or debit card, and your donation will be added to your total.
How Foodland Supports Local Nonprofit Organizations
- Foodland and Western Union Foundation will match each Give Aloha donation with at least $300,000 for all participating organizations combined.*
- Donations to each organization are tracked, and the matching gift is divided proportionately among all participating organizations based on customer donations to the organizations.
Foodland does not release donor names to our organization. If you would like for us to acknowledge your Give Aloha gift, please send a copy of your receipt to:
Hawai‘i Council for the Humanities
Attn: Alita Charron, Director of Development
3599 Wai‘alae Avenue, Room 25
Honolulu, HI 96816
Thank you for your continued support of the Hawai‘i Council for the Humanities. Your gift makes a deep impact on the public programs we offer to broaden perspectives, enrich lives and strengthen communities.
*To celebrate the opening of Foodland Farms at Ala Moana Center, Foodland will donate a portion of sales made during opening week, August 31 to September 6, to this year’s Give Aloha matching gifts funds. This means that all participating organizations throughout the state will have the opportunity to receive MORE in matching gifts!